Also known as sclerotherapy and ligament reconstructive therapy, prolotherapy is a permanent treatment for chronic pain conditions. Prolotherapy has an excellent record for reducing or eliminating chronic pain.
The treatment involves injections of a special solution into the painful area (usually a ligament), which then causes a natural healing process to occur. Collagen and other connective tissues are strengthened and pain is reduced.
Several injections spaced one to three weeks apart may be required to achieve maximum results. Prolotherapy uses the body’s natural healing ability to relieve chronic pain, strengthen injured tissues, and restore function.
This treatment is over 90% effective in most cases.
“Health is more than just the absence of disease. It is the opportunity to live a life free of pain, to fully enjoy all that life has to offer. My goal in treatment is to provide each person that freedom.”
Conditions Treated with Prolotherapy:
- Torn Tendons
- Torn Ligaments and Cartilage
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Degenerated or Herniated Discs
- Fibromyalgia (body pain)
- Rotator Cuff
- Foot Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Plantar Faciitis (heel pain)
- Unresolved Whiplash Injuries Prolotherapy
Proper pain assessment is crucial for effective treatment. Call Dr. Carl Osborn for your initial prolotherapy appointment and get back to a pain-free you!
You may be a candidate for prolotherapy if you:
- Have had chronic pain for more than 6 weeks
- Get only temporary relief from chiropractic adjustments
- Have arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or bulging discs
- Have had orthopedic surgery but still have pain
- Have a joint that slips out of place or buckles
- Have to change position every 15 minutes for pain relief
- Have nagging sports injuries
- Have joints that click, grind, snap or pop
- Get relief from the use of a splint or brace
“Prolotherapy has changed my life. I was not able to even walk to my golf cart due to intense knee pain. I was scheduled for a knee replacement, but after four injections I have plenty of healthy cartilage and no longer have any pain. It has been two years and I am still pain free, with no surgery or medication costs.”
– Ken, 63
“I have suffered from heel pain (plantar fasciitis) for 13 years. After two injections I no longer experience pain when I play basketball or other sports.”
“I injured my shoulder snowboarding and couldn’t even dry my hair because of the pain. I had one injection of prolotherapy and have no further symptoms or mobility problems. I love that it is natural and contains no steroids.”
– Jeannie, 36